Ambex Roasters Forum Index Ambex Roasters
unoffical Ambex roaster forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

YM-2 Gas Control Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john_k
Cinnamon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: YM-2 Gas Control Question Reply with quote

Purchased a 2002 YM-2 a few weeks ago have a few questions. This machine had a couple of problems including a very noisy drum motor and a defective thermocouple probe those issues, along with conversion from natural gas to propane, have been resolved.

What I need help with is gas/temperature control. The roaster uses the PID controller to control the gas flow to the burners but only in an ‘on – off’ fashion. I want to be able to also regulate that amount of gas to the burner manifold. I know that some of the newer YM-2s use a gas valve along with a pressure gauge in the control path. Would someone be kind enough to describe how that system functions?

Thanks in advance,

john
Bill
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

contact Ambex, you can buy the parts to use an electronic variable gas valve using a knob control and a manometer to see just what any position on the knob is delivering, at that specific point
Lumberjack
Full City

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the kit is $500 with the gauge, and $425 without. you will jsut need to hook up the supplied proportioning valve in your gas train after the existing honeywell valve, and some simple wiring for the rheostat board and your in buisness.

if you would like more information or would like to order the kit just give me a call at the office and i can help you out.

727 442 2727

-Don

Your retail and industrial coffee roaster source.
machine restoring, custom machines, new machines, controls, installations, repair, troubleshooting, maintenance
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ambex Roasters Forum Index -> YM-2 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: